Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Thank you @Shaz51 for the birthday wishes 😘.  

I'm glad all went well with Mr Shaz operation and he is having a good recovery so far. 

I hope your visit to your mum's was nice and you were able to see her this time. 

Wishing you a more relaxing weekend now that the operation is done! 

Much love and  hugs 🫂 🥰xxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you kindly @Healandlove 💜🌺🫂😊

I really appreciate it 💜🙂

I’m going to do everything I can to get this course finished ☺️🙌🏻

today I did a short course in applied motivational interviewing - lots of techniques in using positive language and facilitating people to be in control of their conversations,  & holding much of the power, while discovering what needs there might be; I really liked it 😀🌺 It kind of felt like if I was walking along a bush path in front of someone and just moving the branches out the way, so they could see the path in front of them more clearly 🙂

no worries regarding birthday wishes- I hope you have some lovely memories tucked away with your family ☺️🌺💜

Yes I do agree regarding divorce and children - I we did have some little ones I would have been very hard for them ❤️‍🩹🙂

Yes it was so lovely to look after kids! Lots of very happy memories 💜🌺🙂

I’m planning on finishing off the final prep for study, and then cleaning the house too! 😁 

I want self-cleaning tiles, please! Haha 😉😄

I hope you have a lovely evening winding down for the end of the week, and you have a lovely time at the park with the kids 🥰🌺💜

big hugs 🫂 ☺️🌺💜

@Former-Member , the learnings you describe sound amazing! What a powerful analogy between bushwalking and the techniques you learnt today! Are you sure you are not an Angel in disguise? 🥰. If you don't mind me asking what is the actual technique you are learning? Or do you have book recommendations? I'm an avid reader. As a wife of someone with cptsd and the mother of 2 kids with a father with cptsd, all the teachings of emotional intelligence and regulation rest with me. My husband is learning and takes my lead many times but I still have the main responsibility for the kids emotional well-being...the more I can learn on how to support them and myself the better I will feel. I am so grateful that my husband continues his therapy. Other men may have given up by now but he is holding on. I thank God everyday for that. Things are hard many days but there is progress however slow. The heartfelt birthday card is an example. 

Of course you will finish the course. You have the passion and drive! I'm so excited for you and all the people you will help.

Ah no, no cleaning tiles! 😄...agree, wish I had a robot that did it all so I could enjoy time with the kids and have me time 😂...we can only dream @Former-Member !

Enjoy your weekend and make sure to also take a break from studies and housework! 

Hugs and love to you lovely friend 🧡 🫂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes I also thought it was a really caring method when used gently and with forethought @Healandlove 🙂🌺

the book underpinning our class today was Motivational Interviewing (4th Ed): Helping People Change and Grow (Miller & Rollnick) 🙂🙌🏻

Which describes the various techniques in helping people along their path to making the changes they’d like to, towards better health ☺️🌺

Thank you regarding the analogy - that was the picture I had today in my imagination to keep me in context of what my goal was in being a helper to support change, while we practiced in the afternoon 🙂

Hehe, I’m too human to have wings ☺️😉🙌🏻

That’s a very resilient, loving and supportive approach you have for your family - the glue for them💜☺️🌺

And the progress your husband is making, it sounds like he draws much stability from you, knowing you’re there helping your family with wisdom and knowledge 💜🙂

Thank you so much for your confidence in me with study - that’s such a boost! And I really appreciate it 🤗 I’ll try to take regular breaks (will set a reminder on repeat), and maybe if I stare at the tiles they’ll learn to clean themselves..? Haha 😆 

we can only dream! 😁

big hugs to you 🤗🌺💜

Hello @Former-Member , @Healandlove 

The doctor is going to shave the top part of mum's sunspot on her cheek,  they don't want to do surgery to take it all out due to her age , health etc 

Motivational interviewing sounds interesting,  I was reading some on google ( think they would of had a different name for it years ago 🤔)

Mr shaz is recovering @Healandlove , had a week off work which was nice 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Shaz51 ❤️‍🩹🌺

I hope the procedure goes well for your mum 🙂💜🌺

when will they go ahead with that? 🌺

Yes motivational interviewing is interesting indeed…and I think it’s been around a while like you’ve said Shaz, just with a different name, maybe. 
I recall something really similar used decades ago when I was at uni (just can’t remember if it had a specific name, or was just a type of positive regard approach to speaking with people🤔🙂). 

I’ve not slept much - this silly angina keeps recurring 😮💨

Have yet more heart meds, but they’re not really doing a lot (heart issue is from immune problem in bone marrow - so, the heart focus with heart treatment won’t fix the heart symptomatology…😉). Had a continuing reduction in kidney function in last 6 weeks - seems to be falling without cause (besides from immune problem). 

Not to worry. Will come off the vent when I can gather a bit of strength, and get back to study - really enjoying this new course 📚🙂

take good care Shaz, I hope you’re doing ok 🙂💜🫂

@Former-Member , can I ask what kidney level are you 🤔 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Shaz51 🙂🌺

I was normal GFR (90+) in 2022 when I was a live donor on the live donation list with pristine kidneys (had comprehensive work up because they found a person who needed my kidney, but before the surgery to remove my right one, a family member of that person came forward and donated instead), not sure how long I was in stage 1/2, was in 3a for the last 9 months, now I’m in 3b CKD (GFR is below 44, and I’m very below).

Its not meant to decline so quickly, however I do think it’s due to a bone marrow issue I have with immune cells. 
The most recent kidney biopsy they couldn’t find how to fix it - just that they’re not functioning, and there’s casts, and C3 nephropathy disorder (immune presence) in the tubules. 
I don’t have diabetes, never overweight, it’s just this progressive bone marrow thing that makes bad immunity 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Shaz51  🙂🌺

I was normal GFR (90+) in 2022 when I was a live donor on the live donation list with pristine kidneys (had comprehensive work up because they found a person who needed my kidney, but before the surgery to remove my right one, a family member of that person came forward and donated instead), not sure how long I was in stage 1/2, was in 3a for the last 9 months, now I’m in 3b CKD (GFR is below 44, and I’m very below).

Its not meant to decline so quickly, however I do think it’s due to a bone marrow issue I have with immune cells. 
The most recent kidney biopsy they couldn’t find how to fix it - just that they’re not functioning, and there’s casts, and C3 nephropathy disorder (immune presence) in the tubules. 
I don’t have diabetes, never overweight, it’s just this progressive bone marrow thing that makes bad immunity 🙂

Hugs @Former-Member ❤️

I have had lots of things happen to me over my life 

But one of the events I had an infection which the new doctor gave me medication for which were not good because I couldn't wake up 

Hubby took me to the hospital,  my usual doctor was not happy because the medication decreased my kidney function down to 11% and then he found I was born with only one kidney dues to CRS 

I have my kidney stable at 19% at the moment plus lots of complications 

@tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance