Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

@Shaz51 , so glad the surgery went well! Hopefully Mr Shaz is feeling better. 

Thank you for sharing. I have been thinking of you guys and hoping everything went well. 

Hope you are getting rest too lovely @Shaz51 .

Hugs 🫂 🤗 🥰

@Former-Member , thank you for your kind words and I am sorry I didn't reply earlier. Yesterday was busy as it was my birthday and I celebrated with my parents,  children and husband.  He wrote me a very nice birthday card with a lovely message which is very unlike him so that was a nice surprise. 

I am so proud of you for the studying you are doing and finally working on your dreams. 

Sounds you are chosing a very noble profession.  May I ask, is it counsellor or psychologist? We definitely need more kind people like yourself that can help others heal emotionally and mentally. 

Can I ask do you have kids? And if so how was the coping for them?

It is so hot today...I hope everyone has a good sleep.  Not sure if I will be able to!

Sending you hugs and all the positive vibes. Thank you again for your support. It means the world to me! 🫂🥰

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Healandlove 🙂🌺

no worries at all - and please don’t worry for a delay in reply..life is happening and the moments we can enjoy are too special to not stay totally immersed in  🙌🏻🙂

A very happy birthday for yesterday! 😍🙌🏻🎉🎊

The card from your hubby sounds very sweet indeed ☺️🌺

Thank you kindly for your support around study…I really appreciate it. I’ve had a few challenges that have taken time, energy, and health away from my goal, but now it seems like the stars are aligning more than they ever have before to head for what I’m aiming for 🙂🙌🏻

I’m studying counselling 🙂💜

I’d like to use the professional knowledge learned alongside lived experience to really relate and support people where they are at. I know I have miles to go, and I’m rough around the edges, but that’s what I’m hoping to do 🌺🙂

Due to some life circumstances, I haven’t got any children of my own, however I have had the beautiful opportunity to care for many children over the years.. 🙂

Oh - so hot today…my car said 44 Celsius at 4pm - I don’t think it was lying just to make me feel hot, either! 😅

I hope it’s cooled down by now where you are, and hopefully you can get some sleep tonight 😌🌺

I hope you’re doing ok today, and you have a nice day tomorrow 💜🙂🌺🙌🏻

Big hugs 🫂 🙂

Awww happy birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 @Healandlove 🙂

Aww , how sweet your husband is xx

Morning 😀 @Former-Member , hope you slept OK last night 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Shaz51 😊🌺

How are you doing there today?

I hope you slept ok 

I hope Mr Shaz is getting better 

I didn't sleep well - about an hour.

I have a class 9-5 today, which will be interesting, and I hope to learn a lot (I'll take lots of notes so I dont forget ...I feel a bit tired)

Have a nice day, won't you? 💜🤗🌺

What subject are you learning today @Former-Member ?

Sorry to hear you did not have a good sleep last night 

Taking key notes in class is needed 

I did private child care provider in my own home for years before i had to join a organisation where we had lots of regular meetings and updates and studying 

Yes Mr shaz is feeling a bit better 

I need the chemist today and visiting mum today 

All the best for today my friend ❤️ 

Former-Member
Not applicable

It’s a course in applied motivational interviewing 🙂

@Shaz51  not sure how it fits with the perspective I hold regarding speaking with peeps, however I’m always open to learning stuff 🌺☺️

it’s quite slow going so far…just waiting on getting into the meaty part 😉🙌🏻

Thank you kindly - sleep is elusive… hopefully there’ll be a bit more of it tonight 🙂🌺

Sounds like a lovely thing to do Shaz, looking after little ones 💜🙂 ..lots of training by the sound of it later on 🧐

Really great news Mr Shaz is feeling better 🙌🏻😀🌺

I hope the trip to the chemist and visit to see your mum goes smoothly, and that your mum is doing ok 🙂💜🌺

Thanks heaps - really appreciate it ☺️🙌🏻💜🌺

And same for you 🫂🌺☺️

@Former-Member 🙂

Mr shaz gets his stitches out on Monday 

Mum has her surgery on Monday 

Yes funny seeing the children I looked after are having  children of their own ❤️

Feels strange not doing our usual jobs this week 

Ha ha wait until next week 🙃

Former-Member
Not applicable

I hope Mr Shaz goes well with his stitches out on Monday 🙂🌺

Sorry @Shaz51 , what surgery is your mum having, if it’s ok to ask? My memory isn’t the most reliable …🌺💜 

I hope it goes well and she manages well 🙂🌺

Yes - that sounds like one of those moments where decades seem like minutes! ☺️🌺 seeing the little people now as big people with their own little people is lovely 😊 

I was thinking taking time off might seem a bit different, and I also was hoping you have had more than a few moments to rest? 💜🙂

Back at work next week.. I hope it’s a soft landing 😊🌺💜

@Former-Member , you are amazing to train to help people.  You are already wonderfully supportive and empathetic. No doubt you will do very well in your course and will be able to help many. All the best and don't give up! How awesome! 

Thank you for the birthday wishes! So lovely 😍.  

I understand life circumstances re. children. But in a way it was good you didn't need to worry about that when the decision was made to move on from your marriage. 

I'm glad that you have enjoyed looking after many kids.  I'm sure they have all left lovely memories (as well as challenging ones as kids are 😂 at times).

Hope you have some nice things planned for the weekend.  I am coping to get some park time with the kids as well as clean up the house a bit :face_with_rolling_eyes:😁

Happy Friday lovely friend. Sending you hugs 🫂 and joy 😊 😃.  Xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance