Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Will do my @Former-Member xx

Went to see my mum this morning but she had a bad night last night and she was asleep so I didn't wake her up 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Please do feel free to update how it is going tomorrow, when you feel like it, as I’ll be thinking of you guys 🙂🫂💜🌺

Oh, I’m sorry you didn’t get to chat with your mum - sounds like she really needed to rest 💜

I hope she gets a good sleep tonight, and the same for you and Mr Shaz 🌺💜🫂🙂

@Shaz51 how did Mr Shaz's surgery go today? I hope you got some rest. Thinking of you both and hoping you can be home soon and that you are well. Hopefully you can see your Mum soon too ❤️🩷🧡🫂. Sending you all love and hugs. 

@Former-Member thank you again for your support. It means the world to me as does this wonderful forum. I continued to feel sad during the weekend and my therapist told me that the bit of EMDR we did would stir some bug emotions with me and that I had to find ways to ground myself and the feelings will pass. I feel OK today, bit better. Work and busyness help with distracting. I also feel very tired as I managed to go to a yoga class today which was lovely.  I have joined a book club online via the Fable app and that is helping too. 

My next session with the therapist won't be till April. I think this is fine as I can only take so much at a time. Hopefully EMDR helps.

Regarding body and recharging I think it's good you are listening to your body. Burnout is so real, specially when we deal with mental health challenges. We need to be kind to ourselves and lower our standards a little bit. 

Thank you for sharing a bit of your divorce journey. I hope that you are in a better place now emotionally and in health. I hope that you are enjoying doing all the things you have always wanted to. I hope it doesn't hurt as much anymore and that things make more sense.

Thank you for your kindness. I hope you have a lovely sleep 😴

Hugs 🫂 and healing your way dear friend. ❤️ 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello there @Healandlove 💜🙂🌺

no worries at all 💜🙂🫂

Side by side, supporting each other and sharing our resilience is 1+1= infinitely more ☺️🌺

I’m sorry to hear you felt sad during the weekend, however having your therapist give context around that regarding having started EMDR sounds like that was helpful 🙂💜

And having things to do sounds like that was helpful too - especially yoga and the new book club; they both sound really positive 🙂🌺
I hope the next session of EMDR goes ok in April, and you start to feel better 💜🙂

You’re right about burnout. Taking moments to have a break is really important. 
Thank you kindly regarding being divorced 🙂 I’m convinced it was the right thing to do, and now some years have passed I don’t feel so bad 🙂🌺 it took me some years to recover financially and emotionally, however this year I am doing study that I planned to do around 9 years ago when I was still married, and my goal is to work online, helping people ☺️🌺 

I’m finally getting to the things I had planned, which is happy achievement 🙂

It’s a pleasure to sit in time and space with you Healandlove 💜🙂🌺🫂

Take care and go gently dearest ☺️🙂💜🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Shaz51 💜🌺

How are you doing today? 💜🙂

I hope Mr Shaz is ok and recovering well so far 🌺

And I hope you’re ok - thinking of you 💜☺️🌺

Hello @Former-Member , @Healandlove and sending you some hugs ❤️

The surgery went OK,  home recovering now , his face is a bit puffing and very sore 

We're told to take this week off ,, which my husband would like to stop working completely 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Shaz51 🌺🙂

Big hugs to you and @Healandlove 🤗🌺

Having the week off sounds good 🙂

have you guys thought much about stopping working? 💜🌺☺️

@Former-Member 

We did end up cancelling our business in September last year and not working when hubby went to hospital 

After a few weeks of being home we got some of our jobs back but we only working in the mornings now 

I am on part DSP pension 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I hope you guys can take it easy @Shaz51 🙂🌺💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance