Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Winter solstice

Oh no re taxi and bins! But am glad to hear you're home safely and didn't have to spend the night in hospital ❤

Also glad your treatment went well 👍

I've been looking out for you, so when your post popped into my email notifications just then I hopped online  - thank you for letting me know your news. I hope you can sleep well tonight after your huge day 🤞 @Dimity 

(Yes, work went well thanks)

Thanks @NatureLover you're a good friend

@Dimity  How are you feeling today? I hope you can have a quiet few days to re-set...

Also hope that you were able to sleep well last night 🤞

A bit concerned for your bins as I know that if I missed a week I'd be in trouble.

Sending care ❤️

I had a quiet day today @NatureLover. I did try to go for a walk but regretted it. Next time I won't try to go as far. 

The bins are OK thanks. Because I wasn't held overnight I could put them out myself last night but I was peeved the neighbour had let me down. I do it for the whole unit complex.

Funnily enough the cab driver rang this morning - he'd booked the wrong day, and when I'd tried to sms and ring him yesterday I'd got his number wrong. 

Yes I need to reset, then catch up again with the potential helper. I need them more than ever. I think I might have to pause my trauma therapy, my current worries and pain are more than I can cope with. 

Was your trauma therapy a course of treatment or is it ongoing? You don't need to answer. 

I hope you're not too busy raking leaves. I might sweep some this weekend. 

I'm sad for you that after a day in hospital you had to put out your bins yourself @Dimity . I hope you didn't do everyone else's too, that night? That's kind of you to do it for everyone else usually. Plus you said you regretted going for a walk yesterday, so I guess you're still in a lot of pain 😢

Did you have to ring another taxi suddenly on the morning of your admission? How stressful 😣

@Dimity wrote:

I think I might have to pause my trauma therapy, my current worries and pain are more than I can cope with.

I'm really sorry to hear this - that you've got more to deal with than you can cope with, I mean. 😢 I'm a firm believer in only doing what we can cope with, so I agree. Could you maybe put off the sessions and have them later, or is there a time deadline for your psychologist sessions to finish? 

My trauma therapy is ongoing, as needed. I talked about it intensely with my psychologist for a few years (monthly appts), and now I talk about it whenever it comes up for me. My psychologist lets me set the agenda, thankfully.

The leaves here are nearly at an end now. Maybe two more rakings. I rake twice a week while they last, so probably tomorrow. I fill all the neighbours' green bins too, all except the nasty neighbour who I know there's no point asking. It will be nice to return all their green bins soon! 

Sebnding wishes for your pain levels and strength and worries 🫂

I was lucky I got another taxi quite quickly @NatureLover but  it was stressful.

Yes pain at the moment. I can hardly bend or squat so looking after the cat and tidying are difficult. Today I could barely walk. I'm hoping it will clear soon or I'll need some help. 

I'm not sure what the psychologist will say but she seems friendlier these days. My perception as much as her demeanour. 

I'm very worried about my sister, she has her own problems and I haven't been able to help.

Oh no @Dimity  - you can hardly walk? Oh gosh 😢

Is this a result of your treatment in hospital last week? 

And worrying about your sister too 😢

I'm sending wishes for your pain and your worries ❤️

@NatureLover it's not too good. And I'm very worried about not being able to use my phone or microwave after eye surgery. I'm trying to plan ahead, and have heard I won't be able to see well or live independently for a couple of days even if all goes well.

I can't name them because of community guidelines but the peak national disability service provider said they couldn't help, and a government agency said the processing time and assessment meant I might not get help in time. 

Meanwhile I'm being discharged by the psychologist after 2 more sessions then will have to have a new referral and be triaged again if I want to recommence after my medical issues are sorted. 

I'm floundering.

And I was told today my big tree is being lopped this week. 

I feel gutted.

Sorry for the vent, it just feels hopeless at the moment, and like all the bad karma from my c-ptsd is coming home to roost.

Ohhh no @Dimity ! Am very concerned for you, with all of this 😢

I'm mad that the disability service said they couldn't help. I will send wishes that the govt agency can help in time 🤞

Is it possible you could employ a helper to help with those 2 days after surgery? 

@Dimity wrote:

Meanwhile I'm being discharged by the psychologist after 2 more sessions then will have to have a new referral and be triaged again if I want to recommence after my medical issues are sorted.

Oh gosh, that too 😣

And I am so sad and sorry your big tree is coming down. What wasteful destruction. 

Please don't feel bad about venting...that's what we're here for. No wonder you feel hopeless and overwhelmed. I am sending care and wishes for you in your troubles, my friend ❤️

Ohh hugs @Dimity ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance