Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

janedoe2
Senior Contributor

Working again and loving it But....

I started working in supported employment some months ago and am now in a high stress role. I love being busy and feel a great satisfaction in completing time sensitive tasks.
The problem is I'm experiencing a stress response. As there are other stressors that are unavoidable I am worrying more than I normally would and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed at times. I want to work and am working at the work/home balance but my stress levels seem to be increasing.
Does anyone have any tips on managing my stress at work and how to manage everyday life stress.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Working again and loving it But....

Hello @janedoe2

That is great you have been able to start working again, however I am imaging just how stressful and big adjustment that would be at the moment. So it is good you are working on ways to help manage that amount of stress.

There is a blog on the SANE website called 'Managing Stress at Work' which might be helpful, there is also a great thread by @Jamc which talks about 'Getting back to work'.

Something I have found helpful, is time management with work and stress, do you keep a diary or daily to do lists whilst at work?

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance