LOVELUKE
Contributor

How much more can i take!

Don't know how much longer i can do this for. I get blamed for everything. We have to do things to suit Mr but sometimes its hard 3 of us live here not just 1. He says he wants to get out of debt but spends 200-300 a week at pub and he doesn't even work. Confused don't know which way to look or even turn.

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: How much more can i take!

HI @LOVELUKE,

It sounds like you are having quite a hard time caring for Mr at the moment. It can be such a strain when a loved one doesn't seem to want to take care of themselves in a moment, even if in finance.

What kind of things do you do for yourself to relieve some of the stress? There are quite a few members that can relate to your stress - you may find it useful to post in this thread Wives caring for husbands.

Lauz

Former-Member
Not applicable

@LOVELUKE

Does your Mr have a diagnosis? Is he getting treatment? This might be helpful as others with similar issues might be able to help (my Mr D has bipolar ii and rarely drinks). There are however things as carers we can do so that we are able to cope better. I will tag you in a couple of threads.

Can I suggest Carers Australia as a starting point. They offer free counseling and can link you to various services.

Darcy

Sorry to hear this. I can relate to you very well. Mr is so self centred when he is having an episode, everything his way. I can only say if you love him enough stick to it, if not think about the alternatives, get some help for yourself. Take care of the carer.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@LOVELUKE

Topic Tuesday tonight 7pm AESDT Carer burnout