Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

I love that song @PeppiPatty its so haunting. 

Hi @tyme @Glisten @ENKELI 

@Captain24  El Capitán you have a very busy five days ahead of you.

What is your favourite self care thing to do?

Me: I have a strong sense of accomplishment. I am very proud of myself. There are three more things that I want do moving forward.

It has given me confidence and I have earned trust in myself.

This time last year I was shell. Did know who I was. Could not trust myself.

G

I guess you could say my self care is either Lego or diamond art. I can just sit there and not think. @Glisten Sometimes it works! 

Well done you should be proud of yourself. It is a huge accomplishment. Im so glad that what has been difficult has helped you greatly to move forward within yourself.

@Captain24  Lego and Diamond art does for you, what woodwork was doing for me.
I need to learn to set better boundaries.

It’s hard to set boundaries when you don’t know yourself and your limits.

G

What do you need to set better boundaries with @Glisten.

Im in bed so if i stop responding don't take it personally it just means I've fallen asleep. 

@Captain24  Oh so when you said about your Lego and Diamond art and how it gives your brain 🧠 a break.

I had that with woodwork. But I had to move. Started doing woodwork at the Women’s/Men’s Shed. But then people wanted to talk to me and family would ask me to build things.

I didn’t realise until now, I just want to be left alone to create.

Just let my unconscious mind do very good work. It only comes from quiet and being left alone to concentrate.

G

What talent with woodwork @Glisten . Amazing...

Oh that’s so cool @Glisten. It’s had when something fun turns into a need. Plus with the distraction. It must be amazing to be creative and see what happens. 

Do you have tools at home that you can use or do you have to go to the shed?

I wish we had a woman’s shed. I’d try and fight my anxiety and go. 

@Glisten I nearly told D that they would fit in really well at my previous workplace. 

I can do admin but don't have any accounts experience. I'm going to spend this weekend thinking and praying for answers.

I really like this job and everyone else I work with. I also feel that I shouldn't have to be bullied into resigning again. I don't know if I could deal with that again. I am still feeling damaged from last year, I don't know if I'd survive another hit to my mental health. 

I'm going to head off for the night and do some channel surfing on Foxtel and Netflix. 

Have a great night, thank you my dear friend for your concern 🥰

@Captain24  most of the women at Women’s Shed have anxiety.

It’s the only place I don’t have anxiety.

Yes I have my own tools. 3 toolboxes.

I made these. Sold them for $200 

IMG_7114.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance